Tuesday

SPG: Changing The Lineup

Steam Powered Giraffe
One of the major signs that I am overtired and should probably get my ass to bed, apart from sometimes uncontrollable sneezing, is that I get teary over random shenanigans. Case in point, it is now 4AM and I just watched Bunny Bennett's only publicly available vlog for the third time in a row. I should also note that I really should be finished with my homework, but am not keen on the subject of EcoFemanism as written about by this particularly dry author...

In any case, I have just found out that the character of The Jon, as played by Jon Sprague, of the band Steam Powered Giraffe has been let go. Bunny explains that it was a mutual agreement, seeing as the band is trying to move forward, and Jon simply could not put in the time or the creative effort.

The Jon singing JuJu Magic

As I listened I looked through old tumblr posts dealing with Jon and all the fans who bought his hats and who will miss him terribly. I makes me sad that I will never get to see them live as they were when I first fell in love with them. I do hope that Jon does well by himself in his future endeavors, he is obviously a very creative and talented individual.

I should also note that this is the first time that I have ever been able to see one of Bunny's videos and she is super cute in her, well, girl form. I WANT TO MAKE HER PRETTY THINGS TO WEAR!! >_> Sorry fangirl moment over pretty people... If it was announced that Bunny/Rabbit would be leaving, I would be melted into a puddle of tears with a two gallon tub of sorbet and a box of Oreos. It's not that The Jon and The Spine aren't awesome. I will totally keep my eye out for Jon, but if it were say The Spine, David, who were leaving I would do the same as for Jon. If Bunny left, I would follow her, and simply keep an eye out for SPG. Did that make sense? This isn't likely to happen, I don't know why I felt that I needed to explain that.

Some day I will have enough money to become an Engineer-eteer, and be able to watch all of the Bunny Vlogs!

(You can also tell that I need sleep when I relly so heavily on spell scheck. This is the best thing I've wtrittne this entire= post, no lire, you just can't tell cause I went over the rest of itproperly.)

No comments:

Post a Comment